VincentNikolai
Independent

Words count: 367,394
Group: Basic
Experience: 178
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Return of Opposition

This forum needs it and in due time I have an odd feeling that with my return, lol... Triniteras will also pop up once certain people start feeling the shun and ire of their theories.

That being said, I'll kick it off by discussing....

In the United States, I want Barack Obama to win the election so as to move us forward, with the hopes that once he is re-elected his long-term economic plans will take effect, and so he and more importantly the centre-left can get credit for a new economic boom. After this credit is given and the people are content I want Secretary of State Hilary Clinton to run for President so as to give us more than a decade of executive controls. Maybe then I'll have a re-inspired hope for the next century regarding my country.

In the Dominican Republic, I actually want the right to win. I want them to win so badly just so we can have an overthrow of government. Most hispanic countries tend to need this washing out of the scum every half century or so..... I think it's time in the Dominican Republic. I want the right in that country to be utterly obliterated like they were the last time they came into power, with a fervent backing given to the Liberals and their modernization programs. Except this time I want it to be so complete and whole that the right is shunned in the Dominican Republic for the next half century until the scum start popping up again as the people begin to forget....

EDIT: I have AP exams and thank goodness have gotten my finals out of the way, so as usual I'll mess around here in my spare time and when shit hits the fan and I get tired of dealing with it I'll take a break.

Politics has no relation to morals.
The Prince, Niccolo Machiavelli
The Prince- A dedication and political maneuver by Niccolo Machiavelli to prove his advice's value to the maintenance of the ruling Florentine Medici Political force.

This post was last modified: 30.04.2012 21:41 by VincentNikolai.

30.04.2012 21:34
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Globaltom
Alter Recke

Words count: 1,086,576
Experience: 785
Glory Points: 330
Medals: 12

Suedparadies
RE: Return of Opposition

Im not shure , what you mean here with:

Return of Opposition .

Briefwähler
30.04.2012 21:42
h3lblad3

Words count: 4,878
Experience: 103

I've got to say, I know nothing of Dominican politics. Noplan
If anything, I know more about French politics.
You seem to be awfully passionate about it, though.

As for the US, I don't think there's any chance that Obama will lose. Romney has some support and all, but Obama is a wonderful speaker. I see Romney talking himself into a corner, and Obama's words dancing around him. The first time they get into a debate, I see Romney screwing himself over more than Obama doing so. And to be honest, I thought this of every GOP nominee. Obama is just too good of a speaker. With that being said, the incumbent reelected tends to go off and do whatever since they don't have to worry about their reelection again. My assumption is that he's going to end up doing something wildly unpopular at some point and the next GOP nominee will have no trouble stepping in against the next Dem. nominee. Especially given that he's been caught talking about making more deals with Russia after his reelection.

This post was last modified: 30.04.2012 21:43 by h3lblad3.

30.04.2012 21:43
BaktoMakhno
Looter

Words count: 245,068
Experience: 496
Glory Points: 10
Medals: 1

Noplan

Who do you think you are 'opposing' with this post?

With the exception of Beste I dont think anyone on this forum wants to see Romney in power. When the democrats are in power people learn how woefully insufficient they are. With the republicans in power the democrat propaganda machine can divert popular dissent into ineffective channels. With the democrats in power a real leftwing movement has a much better chance of developing.

"The beauty of free trade is that 1 and 1 can be 3" - Titian

"There is no conversation more boring than one where Globaltom speaks" - Triniterias

This post was last modified: 30.04.2012 22:02 by BaktoMakhno.

30.04.2012 21:59
h3lblad3

Noplan
I'm as lost here as you are.
The prompt was kind of confusing.

This post was last modified: 30.04.2012 22:03 by h3lblad3.

30.04.2012 22:01
Titian
Benevolently Watching You

Words count: 557,754
Experience: 1706
Glory Points: 1364680
Medals: 5643

he might mean himself - the mighty rock in the sea of menkind, fighting the overwhelming waves of stupidity and struggling with the eternal thunder of ignorance Zwinker2

its good having you bakc vince - did your summer just start?

"If you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow." (Yes, Minister)

This post was last modified: 30.04.2012 22:07 by Titian.

30.04.2012 22:06
VincentNikolai
Independent

Words count: 367,394
Experience: 178

Titian Wrote:
he might mean himself - the mighty rock in the sea of menkind, fighting the overwhelming waves of stupidity and struggling with the eternal thunder of ignorance Zwinker2

its good having you bakc vince - did your summer just start?

Lachweg

Dude your aggrandizement is flattering to say the least, but if I'm a rock then you're the island that faces the heaviest waves even as the rocks like me are slowly eroded into pebbles.

My initial post isn't really opposing anyone except a few right-wing thinkers we might still have around here if you all didn't run them off. Still, it was to address the fact I'll probably be in the middle of a few quarrels with a few of you in no time at all.

Anyways so back on topic...

I provided the two examples because in one we still have hope whereas in the latter I see none. Very relative to the world today wouldn't you say? Especially since I touched base on a major power in the former and a minor state in the latter. I expect plenty of tangents we can take this off into.

One I would say is.... So what if both scenarios go against what I hope they will?

Romney does win?

I've come to realize one thing.... Americans think closer to....

THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuI2LEKHGiQ

and

THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kGPdxkofo

Than to anything even resembling "logic".

Politics has no relation to morals.
The Prince, Niccolo Machiavelli
The Prince- A dedication and political maneuver by Niccolo Machiavelli to prove his advice's value to the maintenance of the ruling Florentine Medici Political force.

This post was last modified: 30.04.2012 22:17 by VincentNikolai.

30.04.2012 22:16
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Welcome back, nice to see you in such high spirits. Smile

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
30.04.2012 22:46
h3lblad3

Oh come on, don't compare me to them!
I'm an Illinoisan, I don't work that way. I know that if I get a job, I go to jail. Wink
Like all the other good hardworking Illinoisans that go to jail: example, our all of our governors.

30.04.2012 22:49
Titian
Benevolently Watching You

Words count: 557,754
Experience: 1706
Glory Points: 1364680
Medals: 5643

VincentNikolai Wrote:
Dude your aggrandizement is flattering to say the least, but if I'm a rock then you're the island that faces the heaviest waves even as the rocks like me are slowly eroded into pebbles.

oh stop it , you Hehe

VincentNikolai Wrote:
My initial post isn't really opposing anyone except a few right-wing thinkers we might still have around here if you all didn't run them off. Still, it was to address the fact I'll probably be in the middle of a few quarrels with a few of you in no time at all.

Anyways so back on topic...

I provided the two examples because in one we still have hope whereas in the latter I see none. Very relative to the world today wouldn't you say? Especially since I touched base on a major power in the former and a minor state in the latter. I expect plenty of tangents we can take this off into.

One I would say is.... So what if both scenarios go against what I hope they will?

Romney does win?

I've come to realize one thing.... Americans think closer to....

THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuI2LEKHGiQ

and

THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kGPdxkofo

Than to anything even resembling "logic".

Well, we, the rest of the world, told you this for years, if not for decades Pfeif
Ok, I'm not too sure about that with regard to the welfare stuff - you can find these people everywhere.
And hey, you just can't tell them off for doing what they do. They make the economically best decisions they can make. Low costs, "high" revenue.
They just obey the laws of economics in an artificially created environment. There are plenty of these artificial environments - epecially in America. Whenever some company receives subsidies because "Ya needa protect the jobs!", real economic welfare is being lost. The still market forces will still apply, but there is no "real" demand for output anymore.
I'm working on a concept of liberalizing all these welfare benefits such as healthcare or unemployment subsidies whilst still maintaining a government which ensures that all its people can comfortably survive.

But yeah, back to your main topic. Obama and the DR.
I think Obama is the best choice in the upcoming elections - especially because the Consis don't offer any suitable alternative.

How does the situation in the DR look like now? It's not one of the countries I know a lot about. Do you still have any personal sources over there? They are usually more reliable than any sources I could find myself on the Internet.

"If you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow." (Yes, Minister)

This post was last modified: 30.04.2012 23:13 by Titian.

30.04.2012 23:12
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  British opposition leader advocates Glass-Stegall BaktoMakhno 2 1,829 30.09.2012 10:35
Last Post: Helsworth
  The End of My Brief Return Killer300 6 1,374 08.01.2011 21:00
Last Post: Helsworth
  A Brief Return Killer300 22 3,564 31.12.2010 09:29
Last Post: Triniteras

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites