Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Ron Paul's stance on foreign affairs

For me as a european, who lives in the Balkans and doesn't feel european, this man's view on foreign affairs makes me respect him and it makes me hope that his ideas will be shared more within the american people, even though I'm against austrian economics and Ron is one, his approach to foreign relations makes me see past that. I agree that foreign aid should cease if it will be replaced with a true free trade system in which surpluses can enter regions with deficits and provide jobs and overall a better living standard and better prospects for the future.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 07.02.2012 22:23 by Helsworth.

07.02.2012 22:19
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GeneralMangi
Unregistered

RE: Ron Paul's stance on foreign affairs

I'm the opposite, I like his economic principles but I detest his foreign policy, and the economic principles do not lead me to look past that.

I can almost guarantee:
1. Ron Paul would never be elected President
2. If he was to be elected (nearly impossible) he would be assassinated. Most likely by the CIA.

08.02.2012 00:54
Quote this message in a reply
Nietzsche
Unregistered

GeneralMangi Wrote:
I can almost guarantee:
2. If he was to be elected (nearly impossible) he would be assassinated. Most likely by the CIA.

o.O You wouldn't live in a democracy then.

08.02.2012 01:10
GeneralMangi
Unregistered

Nietzsche Wrote:

GeneralMangi Wrote:
I can almost guarantee:

I wouldn't agree with it, but he'd be a dangerous man to have in the White House, so I could see it happening.

08.02.2012 01:12
Nietzsche
Unregistered

I correct myself, it would not be a constitutional state if a elected President would be killed by a secret agency because he is considered 'dangerous' ...

08.02.2012 01:44
TyPin
Unregistered

why dangerous?

I don't know, if he just takes this positions in order to be different from the other candidates, in order to get a profile, that's recognizable. But I must say, I like his view on foreign politics.

I mean Bush was a horror, and Obama is a just betraying the voters (I just say NDAA). If Ron Paul would be President and keeps his promises, than I see a great international future of cooperation instead of exploitation.

But I also fear, that it's most unlikely that he'll win. All the interviews I saw, the interviewer just tried (most of the times really obviously) to turn Ron Paul's words around, while for example the bullshit of this Bachmann woman has been taken for granted (mostly, but there are also some hilarious interviews with her Tongue). I think that there are "forces", that do not want him to be President, so no matter if he'd have a chance without this interference, he is most likely not going to win the elections...

08.02.2012 02:00
VincentNikolai
Independent

Words count: 367,394
Group: Basic
Experience: 178
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Get used to saying "President Romney".

Politics has no relation to morals.
The Prince, Niccolo Machiavelli
The Prince- A dedication and political maneuver by Niccolo Machiavelli to prove his advice's value to the maintenance of the ruling Florentine Medici Political force.
08.02.2012 05:35
beste
Christian Humanist

Words count: 148,240
Group: Basic
Experience: 203
Glory Points: 20
Medals: 2

Quote:
Get used to saying "President Romney".

Romney 2012-2020!!!!!

Lol, I couldn't help myself.
At this point, I am tired of Obama's policies. The unemployment rate for youth is unacceptable. The massive amounts of money he borrowed that future generations of Americans (who aren't even born yet) will have to repay and his haughty attitude (execution of Awlaki, the whole Healthcare debate, etc) have turned any sympathy I had for him into extreme dislike and disappointment.

As for Ron Paul, I don't think he'd be executed. My friend put it rather well:

The current administration is stuck in a deadlock. The House is GOP, the Senate and POTUS are Dem.

If Ron Paul wins, the political spectrum will lie in a more center-right way. Seriously, no president actually gets all the things they want. Most of Paul's policies he'd LIKE to implement would be greatly watered down. You would indeed see spending curtailed and the military presence greatly reduced and (heck) maybe even a balanced budget for once. But you won't see this all happen on Day One. It will be in increments throughout his first term.

Personally, I'm deciding between Romney and Paul. I like what Paul stands for and his policies but I think Romney could unite the country more as he is more center than either Obama or Paul.

"I do not wish to think, or speak, or write, with moderation. . . . I am in earnest -- I will not equivocate -- I will not excuse -- I will not retreat a single inch -- AND I WILL BE HEARD." - William Lloyd Garrison, Abolitionist
08.02.2012 06:08
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

GeneralMangi Wrote:

Nietzsche Wrote:

GeneralMangi Wrote:
I can almost guarantee:

I wouldn't agree with it, but he'd be a dangerous man to have in the White House, so I could see it happening.

So the only thing that maintains institutional rule of law in the US is the guarantee of foreign wars for petrol? A peaceful president going against the oligarchical establishment, by normalizing relations with foreign countries, by pulling troops, by saving trillions in debt on the long run and adopting a free trade policy and removing trade sanctions (which hurt only the lower and middle classes anyway, not the upper ones) is considered dangerous.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
08.02.2012 09:16
Nietzsche
Unregistered

Triniteras3005 Wrote:
Romney is an old man in a suit and you're a faggot, beste

lol, finally I meet the esteemed and enigmatic Triniteras, apparently at his best. Hehe

08.02.2012 11:03
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paul Keating on Mabo, 1992 Helsworth 0 1,136 29.05.2016 13:58
Last Post: Helsworth
  Rouhani's Moment of Truth, a great piece from Foreign Policy Helsworth 0 1,269 11.03.2016 21:07
  Peter Thiel (Bilderberg member) gave Ron Paul 2.5 million! Red Flag anyone? Helsworth 0 1,387 27.06.2015 16:51
  Leave Libya now, Foreign Office tells Britons Helsworth 0 1,214 27.07.2014 19:49
  Foreign investors! Khieu Samphan 0 953 23.04.2013 03:15
Last Post: Khieu Samphan
  Ron Paul vis-a-vis the Pro-War Propaganda and the american empire Helsworth 2 1,640 06.01.2013 21:30
  Ron Paul, statement on the Fiscal Cliff Helsworth 4 1,569 04.01.2013 19:46
  This is the type of (progressive) laissez-faire I'd agree with_Ron Paul rules_ Helsworth 7 1,654 11.12.2012 13:49
Last Post: americccpan
  Why Ron Paul matters to outside viewers Helsworth 2 1,447 14.11.2012 12:10
  A relative old interview, but relevant still for the present state of affairs Helsworth 0 1,367 31.10.2012 17:33

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites