Sarah Palin... Was Right?!?!?!?!

MarcusAquila

Words count: 18,923
Group: Basic
Experience: 50
Glory Points: 25
Medals: 2

MyBB  Sarah Palin... Was Right?!?!?!?!

The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength and strength alone.
Gen. Dwight Eisenhower

I am in earnest – I will not equivocate – I will not excuse – I will not retreat a single inch – AND I WILL BE HEARD.
William Lloyd Garrison
22.08.2013 22:48
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StatlerNWaldorf
Unregistered

RE: Sarah Palin... Was Right?!?!?!?!

Everything is a matter of perspective.

From my point of view, Barack Obama has been and is a wonderful President. I fully support him, as I have all along.

And that point of view is based in who I am. As a middle-aged gay man, I've seen horrific abuse heaped upon my community during previous administrations. This administration has, however, treated us with human dignity. It is the first one to do so.

Noam Chomsky serves a purpose, and I do not consider myself opposed to him. The fact is, the US Government has drifted too far to the Right in recent years, and Chomsky serves the purpose of pushing it toward the Left.

His assessment is based in his perspective. He didn't expect to get everything he wants out of Obama. And of course, what he wants is very different from what Sarah Palin wants.

But from my point of view. President Obama is doing just fine. I have some, though not all, the rights of a first class citizen. I am still vilified by the Right (for reasons I cannot understand) and Sarah Palin in specific. I am of the opinion that I am a human being,fully deserving of the same dignity and respect accorded to all other human beings. Unlike Palin, I have served in the US military in wartime. Arguably, I've done more for the country than she has. And yet, she would deprive me of the rights she takes for granted. So I am opposed to Sarah Palin.

Noam Chomsky does not oppose the notion of my equality, and therefore I do not oppose him. We three (Chomsky, myself, and Obama) at least agree on that.

And it is from that starting point where I speak. After I have secured the basic human rights entitled to every human by birth, I will then begin to concern myself with other political matters. I am sure that at that stage I will have many differences between myself and Obama. For now though, I can't imagine a better President.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

23.08.2013 02:10
Quote this message in a reply
KaiserAlex

Words count: 85
Group: Basic
Experience: 4
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Hopefully Sarah Palin will run in 2016, if for nothing more than to push the moderates out of the fold in the primaries. She would get my vote anyway.

23.08.2013 12:12
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StatlerNWaldorf
Unregistered

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

23.08.2013 16:53
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FACE PALM, Sarah Palin wants to invade the Czech Republic Helsworth 10 2,971 24.04.2013 21:23
Last Post: Titian
  Sarah and her movie RhonaA46 7 1,269 29.07.2011 07:47
Last Post: Triniteras
  Palin - Check her out The diminutive Iron Lady vetfromindy 4 1,954 06.10.2008 18:06
Last Post: Chief Panana

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites