Words count: 66,104
Group: Basic
Experience: 103889
Glory Points: 30
Medals: 2

RE: A scottish currency? 5 lessons from flawed pound sterling

Alexei B.Miller Wrote:
Why? Because nanny states exist

No, because it is utterly impossible for it to exist, regulation has to put in place to ensure that there is no forming of cartels between the banks.

Also I fail to see what is so good about not having any long term planning in an economy, leaving everything to some mythical force called the free market. A market which draws it's inspiration from quarterly balance sheet and cannot see past the next shareholders meeting.

26.08.2014 13:36
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexei B.Miller
Co President of the Ros'Gaz Union State

Words count: 630,277
Group: Basic
Experience: 6225
Glory Points: 710
Medals: 26

Vlaxia

Nah, I disagree

"Hitler wanted to destroy Russia, everyone needs to remember how that ended"

Vladimir Putin

27.08.2014 02:37
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ajay Alcos
Unregistered

Alexei B.Miller Wrote:
Nah, I disagree

You may very well think that, but I couldn't possibly comment. As those other fellow contemporaries have already iterated; there is no such thing as a 'free market'. Markets are themselves a creation, an idea and a way of 'regulating' transactions between human beings. To put it more simply our human ancestors, long before they developed any notion of proper reasoning they resorted to theft or resources from one another to "satisfy demand"; to put it in an economic sense.

Eventually societies became more developed and as palaeolithic cave paintings in Spain (Gibraltar to be exact, can't remember) have entailed, have shown the earliest form of "bartering" to have been conducted between human beings. I shall describe it to you:
A group of Cro-magnon (our early modern homo sapien ancestors) females were left lightly guarded in their "camp" whilst nearly all the men were out hunting. A trio of Neanderthal men discovered them and overwhelmed the one man left guarding the women, catching them all unawares. The Neanderthals grabbed one of the fertile women and in exchange, I must quite amusedly say xD - left a large fur water-sack as a "payment".

You may wonder what any of this has to do with the "free market" but really what I'm trying to point out is that without notions of law and regulation, what you may call a "market" would be considered universally to be plain theft. Hence I must stress to you, that the idea of "the market" in itself stems from a compromise between theft (freedom) and justice (regulation) as an acceptable way of facilitating the exchange of goods and services so that we and our primitive ancestors could go about without resorting to bloodshed.

Oh. And in regard to the main article. The chances of reintroducing Scottish Sterling (or Pounds Scots however way you put it) again = None. The ruling referendum only states Scotland becoming independent of the UK, not England.

Darn I might as well make an article out of my last post.

27.08.2014 08:51
Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Scottish Independence Myths - How to buy imports? Helsworth 0 1,127 27.08.2014 18:16
Last Post: Helsworth
  National debt, the movement of 2 buffer stocks: currency and reserves Helsworth 5 1,741 20.06.2014 08:22
Last Post: Crossover
  Lessons Learned Alexei B.Miller 4 987 17.01.2014 12:15
Last Post: Rising Phoenix
  Warren Mosler, Soft Currency, MANDATORY FOR ALL, so sayeth me Helsworth 0 1,390 03.09.2013 11:56
  Reduced Work Time, Participatory Democracy and Time Currency Helsworth 19 3,016 05.04.2013 21:06
Last Post: BaktoMakhno
  How flawed is the global economic system? Lasfaro 23 5,566 11.05.2012 22:24
  Currency and Exchange Rates ConservativeUK 9 2,089 03.01.2011 00:19
Last Post: VincentNikolai
  Backing My State's Currency beste 26 5,334 15.11.2010 03:11
Last Post: Uggla6
  Due to the low value of the currency producers cannot afford important resources timmymay 3 1,779 23.07.2010 04:10
  Exchange Rate/Currency and the Money Supply beste 7 2,234 27.05.2010 15:46
Last Post: vrmcardoso

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites