Secret files

Aero87

Words count: 176
Group: Premium
Experience: 154
Glory Points: 45
Medals: 2

Secret files

How exactly do they work? I'm set to lose the election next quarter so I enacted all of them, kinda curious as to how it will pan out. Do I have a chance at staying in power?

08.08.2012 02:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barbaron
Unregistered

RE: Secret files

How do they work: depends on the situation. the Deselection things are for elections. If you have low chances of winning, and you have activated the right actions, they can save you.
the other ones, like of assassination or coup d´etat working, if your people tries to get rid of you. Happens, if you have many unhappy people or extremists. it this thing happens, there is some chance, that they will be activated, if you have said: i want them. How far you will go, depends on you. For example, use tanks against demonstraters is something i would never do, maybe you think otherwise.
But you have to know, that just activating everything can make the people unhappy. For example, what would you think, if you would know, that your states leader is willingly using tanks against innocent people? It would make you upset. Same happens to your people. Be careful, what you use.

Do you have a chance of winning?
Difficult, if you just put it one quartal before election. Which ones i put on depends on, what kind of country i play. If you do the hard stuff on, your population will be very angry.

Concerns: Deselection [?]
Manipulate Elections
Bribe polling station officials to throw out some of your rival's votes.

Concerns: Deselection [?]
Intimidate Voters
Use thugs to intimidate voters who sympathize with the opposition.

Concerns: Deselection [?]"

are in the case of votes: "Arrest rival candidate" or "manipulate election" is never bad, if you want to win a election and it doesnt make voters soooo angry.

If you have some chance of staying in power? Maybe. There is some chance, that you can win, if you have activated this deselection things. "Intimidate voters" i would only use, if you are very very desperate.

08.08.2012 04:51
Quote this message in a reply
JulijsCezars

Words count: 1,351
Group: Premium
Experience: 98
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

RE: Secret files

If you are close to elections, better do some tasks or reforms or budget adjustments that would boost your popularity significantly.
But be cautious not to endanger budget balance, because reversing those things later will damage your popularity much worse. I.e., if you raise pensions, welfare and basic income to the limit to get re-elected but after election cut them or cancel at all because of skyrocketing budget deficit and national debt, probably nothing will help you get re-elected again.

30.06.2017 11:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  secret files Theolor 2 616 24.03.2016 10:12
Last Post: Lord Alexander
Shy Secret Files damian.hackett 1 676 12.12.2014 03:23
Last Post: chad7405
  why would you WANT to use the secret files? bankbabycrusher 2 976 21.01.2009 05:33
Last Post: KHCreason

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites