Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Sims Element

DRLHyper
Unregistered

RE: Sims Element

Helsworth Wrote:
You have no idea how much I'd like a downloadable ars-regendi game Big Grin
To go from 1994 to 2100+ in just one game session Wink
However this can't happen, because it would ruin the multiplayer and alliance functions.

Man you are not alone there... Tongue

Helsworth Wrote:

Lord Alexander Wrote:
I strongly advise against implementing such option. Ars Regendi have only one really unique feature, it is the economic model. If players will be able to fully figure out the characteristics of its economic model in short time, then the game will become for them just another NationStates/Cyber Nations clone. Ars Regendi will stay unique only if players will never have an option to experiment with its economic model outside of real time, even for a price.

A balance must be struck between player loyalty and player frustrations. If people don't learn how to play, they'll just leave, that's not good for business. Also people need to spend some time on the site so that the devs can make a little bit of cash from ads.

I agree. Furthermore, ultimately people is going to figure the economic model as they play. It is just question of time. However with a "faster" gameplay mode, this is easier for newer players, because they see the results of their actions sooner.

16.10.2010 05:16
Quote this message in a reply
Jakerp
Unregistered

I kind of like slow pace of this simulation as this is something I can log on and spend couple minutes do everything and log off. I do not have too much time per day to spend playing.

Slow pace leaves more room for diplomacy and discussion especially on world games.

If somebody wants faster paced political / economical simulator I strongly recommed this game:

http://www.positech.co.uk/democracy2/

Its great simulator one of the best political simulator I have played with nice graphical interface. It only simulates democracy form of goverment but does that really nicely. There are a lot of different state templates to try out and game gives archivements when ever you get some goal done like crime free society etc...

You could also get it here:
http://www.impulsedriven.com/democracy2

If you use impulse.

16.10.2010 12:26
Quote this message in a reply
Lord Alexander
Comrade

Words count: 238,210
Group: Basic
Experience: 616
Glory Points: 146
Medals: 4

Helsworth Wrote:

Lord Alexander Wrote:
I strongly advise against implementing such option. Ars Regendi have only one really unique feature, it is the economic model. If players will be able to fully figure out the characteristics of its economic model in short time, then the game will become for them just another NationStates/Cyber Nations clone. Ars Regendi will stay unique only if players will never have an option to experiment with its economic model outside of real time, even for a price.

A balance must be struck between player loyalty and player frustrations. If people don't learn how to play, they'll just leave, that's not good for business. Also people need to spend some time on the site so that the devs can make a little bit of cash from ads.

Of course after playing for some time players discover the characteristics of economic model, but at that point they are already addicted to the game. But if players will be able to examine the economic model at unrestricted pace, then many of them will figure out its main characteristics after fooling with the game for a week or two and will go away from us after that. Slow pace is a norm for state building MMOGs and it is crucial for the game with such sophisticated economic model.
For reduction of frustration of new players it is better to create good online manual that will give players some basic knowledge about socio-economic realities in Ars Regendi and will explain to them the rough meaning of budget structure and numerous statistical data that describes their states.
(For example even though I am pretty certain that it is better when the “Transfer rate” percentage in my national overview is low I does not really know what exactly it is measuring.)

16.10.2010 18:02
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fanlynne

Words count: 312
Group: Basic
Experience: 0
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Hello,everyone ,i am new here.Helsworth,I think i know the person in your post picture.Is his name is Dengxiaoping from China?

22.01.2011 07:08
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

fanlynne Wrote:
Hello,everyone ,i am new here.Helsworth,I think i know the person in your post picture.Is his name is Dengxiaoping from China?

Yes he is. You can change your avatar at any time Wink

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
22.01.2011 08:59
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites