Lord Alexander
Comrade

Words count: 238,210
Group: Basic
Experience: 616
Glory Points: 146
Medals: 4

RE: The state in the World Lima experiences catastrophic bug

New case of this bug in the Classic state Northern Russia. It is not my state.

This case is unusual because this time the bug has happened absolutely without any trigger. The regent of this state has stopped to be active long time ago, but it is still only 130 Quarters old, so it is not very old state. GDP just collapsed when the inactive regent has again won the elections. Weird.

15.11.2015 07:18
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Alexander
Comrade

Now this bug has happened with the state Brabelbrabel 1 in the one tick World Florenz. It is not mine.

This time it happened after the project was finished. All components of its GDP have decreased to minimum values, its Capital has become negative value, and its Net income and Ally worth have jumped into the sky. (It is the member of the alliance IRA.)

27.11.2015 01:17
MrProper
天皇

Words count: 449,512
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 185232
Glory Points: 3847
Medals: 104

If the GUI of Ars Regendi is set to German, the Dashboard page does not display the latest post in the English section of the forum. Just taking a guess, but it is possible that our administration did not notice your posts.

However, there is something you should keep in mind. The problem you are addressing in this and the other thread are related to the very same problem: Arithmetic overflows, which I explained here already and, in some cases, problems with floating point numbers. Even with numerical limits (which are in place already for many state values) these matrix crash will still occur. It is an intrinsic problem of Ars Regendi, due to choice of programming language, equation modelling and data representation. These problems are known, but the can not but be solved entirely unless Ars Regendi would be redesigned from scratch. And this will probably not happen in near future.

As the administration is aware of these issues, it is normally possible to have a "set back" by some quarters or sometimes even to get a coin refund if a state crashes very early on.

(The two last references are to the German section of the forum. I am sorry I did not have the time to seek other references in the English section.)

冥王星違法です
27.11.2015 17:31
Lord Alexander
Comrade

Another case of this bug – Limdo in the one tick World Bielefeld. Most symptoms are the same as the previous case, but the Net income has shrinked. The state is not mine.

MrProper Wrote:
If the GUI of Ars Regendi is set to German, the Dashboard page does not display the latest post in the English section of the forum. Just taking a guess, but it is possible that our administration did not notice your posts.

I strongly doubt that they really do not notice my reports, but if this is really the case, then Malone definitely should find one more Administrator for looking over the English section of the "Bugs or mistakes" forum.

Quote:
However, there is something you should keep in mind. The problem you are addressing in this and the other thread are related to the very same problem: Arithmetic overflows, which I explained here already and, in some cases, problems with floating point numbers. Even with numerical limits (which are in place already for many state values) these matrix crash will still occur. It is an intrinsic problem of Ars Regendi, due to choice of programming language, equation modelling and data representation. These problems are known, but the can not but be solved entirely unless Ars Regendi would be redesigned from scratch. And this will probably not happen in near future.

As the administration is aware of these issues, it is normally possible to have a "set back" by some quarters or sometimes even to get a coin refund if a state crashes very early on.

(The two last references are to the German section of the forum. I am sorry I did not have the time to seek other references in the English section.)

Even if these bugs cannot be prevented it is still important to clean the mess that they are producing. When the states die due to these bugs their owners usually get absolutely inapropriate number of experience points, and this is unfair. This side effect can be avoided, if in cases when Administrators have no plans to save such states they nevertheless will move them manually back into some Quarter before the beginning of the bug and then manually kill them to guarantee that the owners of such states at least will be awarded by the fair number of experience points.

07.12.2015 02:32
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  is this state crash MattKensington 0 197 10.08.2021 23:45
Last Post: MattKensington
  Light State mpanta 1 675 22.05.2020 16:23
Last Post: MrProper
  Wild State Numbers ArChroi 5 933 09.12.2019 11:27
Last Post: MrProper