Taxation and Expenditure

Prosperity

Words count: 3,227
Group: Basic
Experience: 6
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Taxation and Expenditure

I'm relatively new to the game (started playing about three days ago). I'm a bit worried about my 1.5 trillion dollar debt, which grows about 100 billion dollars every year/quarter. I also have a -3.5% growth rate for my economy.

http://www.ars-regendi.com/rid31180/state/44346

What should I do?

23.12.2009 17:24
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arizona2008

Words count: 39,194
Group: Basic
Experience: 365
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

RE: Taxation and Expenditure

Firstly, raise taxes and cut your pension until it reaches about 100% of your monthly living cost (right now, it's 201%)

Secondly, enact the Negative Income Tax reform as soon as you can. That way, you can collect taxes more efficiently, and it will boost your coffers.

Thirdly, look at making minor reductions to every single element of your budget, except health, education, and family (especially family spending. Don't screw with it. Your birth rate is too low).

Finally, you need to reduce the number of unemployed in your economy, and jumpstart your economy through Quantitative Easing (printing money) and reducing your interest rate. Reduce Interest Rate and print as much money as possible during your next budget.

The last step is important if you are going to pay off your debt. Without a good economy, you will not be able to hold an account surplus, and pay off your debts, for too long.

Please contact me if you need anything.

23.12.2009 19:19
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Regressive taxation: the answer to the west's qualms CommieScum 8 1,297 06.12.2017 16:44
Last Post: CommieScum
  Taxation Strategy Jakerp 21 5,269 18.06.2010 12:34
Last Post: Bods_1917

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites