Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

sanctuary
Dionne
ygdrassil
The Book of Infinitus

The Forum

1:1
When there were too many leaders and too few willing to be led, the great schism occurred. The followers of Mithras made a forum in the center of Vormir and in the tradition of their God, met to dole out judgement.

1:2
The Seven Tribes of Nidavella debated into the night, tribes, each with their own General did not fight, they spoke, spoke of the future.

Eyes weighed heavy after hours of discussion, progression stalled, until in an instant, night became day, myth became truth, the unbelievable became all too obvious.

1:3
The eyes of the Generals went from heavy to blinded, but their ears could hear the glory of the Herald of Mithras. The voice was crisp, the tone soothing, the message was somehow clear before the words which encompass them were released.

The Message of the Prophet

2:1

'I am from many Worlds, I have led many armies, I have no name, at least not a name for you to know right now. I am the Herald of Mithras, I have met our God personally, he has inducted me into the Order of the Righteous. Mithras knows why you all are gathered here, but he knows, in all his infinite wisdom, that your path is treacherous and too soon for its time.

Mithras knows of your ambitions, they are ambitions that every member of the Order of the Righteous has possessed. You seek to sweep across the realm, to spread the message of Mithras, but to also increase your individual powers.

Well, my brothers and sisters, now is NOT your time. Mithras has ordered your tribes to disperse and you shall do so immediately. You shall disband, and each tribe shall make settlements in other corners of the World.'

2:2

Jeremetrius of the Nida Tribe rose against this proposition made by The Herald, standing calmly and telling The Herald that his tribe shall not follow this order, and they will stay in place, and so will the rest of the tribes.

The rest of the Nida tribe rose, weapons ready, drawn upon The Herald. The tribes of Benitus, Thanosi, Yggdra, Vorma, Verain and Handi remained seated.

Jeremetrius stood with his tribe and started to approach the Herald of Mithras, slowly and bravely, but the fear in their eyes was too strong to be hidden.

2:3
The Herald of Mithras made no move to retreat, He made no attempt to defend himself, he allowed Jeremetrius the chance to get up close, but as he came face to face with The Herald, he heard gasps from the other tribes.

Jeremetrius took a step back and peered over his shoulder, for his tribe was gone, and the Earth had opened up all around him, and he was an island of flesh and shaky bone.

2:4
'Brothers and sisters, you came here tonight to settle your differences, to ensure a brighter path for all your tribes, devoid of intrigue, backstabbing and betrayal. The Earth has swallowed the tools of Jeremetrius, the bringer of those evils.

Your goals have been accomplished this evening, but this accomplishment will have to be enough for now. As I said, scatter and make settlement elsewhere, stay near the oceans, for the power is always near water. '

2:5
As The Herald finished his speech and began to rise into the Heavens, a voice spoke out, asking what should be done with Jeremetrius, who stood frozen on a pillar of Earth. 'No man is an island my brother.'

Jeremetrius was swallowed by the Earth, never to be seen again.

The Path For Benitus

3:1

Days later, the Six Tribes prepared to disperse as demanded by Mithras' Herald. It was decided that the Handi tribe would remain. The Verain tribe would only venture Northeast to where the land ended. The other four tribes would have to make longer journeys.

3:2
Benitus prepared his tribe for the long journey to an unknown destination, on his last night he knelt, looked toward the lowering sun and closed his eyes. Benitus hoped for guidance, his tribe was massive and he worried about feeding them, and preventing mutiny. His heart raced, considering all the evil possibilities that may await him and his people. A voice emerged in the back of his mind.

3:3
'Benitus, worry not my brother, for your journey will be fruitful, your numbers will swell, your glory will be unparalleled. The same can not be said for your fellow tribes, but one day your descendant will sit in the Order of the Righteous. You Benitus, were born too early, but can be reborn at the time of final judgement.

I will now bestow upon you a feeling of great unease and anxiety. This feeling will keep you aware, and prepared for what lies ahead, you must feel this anxiety in order to ensure the prosperity I spoke of. This will be your suffering, and suffering, although it feels like chains, is a rope pulling you to your destiny.

You will know when your home has been found, because then and only then shall I release you from this feeling. Exactly 450 days after I lift the suffering from your bones, you will perish. It is in those days that you shall plot a course for your descendants, in those days I will speak to you once again.

You are the only one to have received this message from The Herald of Mithras. Go forward, take this burden with you, find your home...'

--more to come--

This post was last modified: 09.07.2018 14:50 by Malachi Benito.

09.07.2018 14:29
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Malachi Benito

Words count: 3,235
Group: Basic
Experience: 171
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

sanctuary
Dionne
ygdrassil
RE: The Book of Infinitus

Benitus Leaves His Lands

4:1
Benitus began his journey, the initial days were simple, for the territories they passed through were of friendly origin. Benitus knew the lands, he knew that the first test of his people would occur at the coast of the peninsula. The Telmadan tribe was large in numbers, and a seafaring people, always capable of calling many more soldiers from sea.

Benitus could find a different route, but his anxiety led him to advance not retreat, Benitus' focus shifted from the victory of battle to the true goal, reaching his new land.

4:2
Benitus, standing in front of his commanders ordered them all, at nightfall, to start camp fires. But he demanded that each man start 5 fires. They did so, suddenly thousands upon thousands of fires lit up the nightscape, a wonder it must had been to the Telmadan.

4:3
Benitus, gambling that his strategy would work, led out most of his people south and east of the camp fires. He left back men, no, he sacrificed men, some had to be present to face the oncoming attack of the Telmadan.

4:4
As he had hoped, the Telmadan called in their reinforcements from the sea, they docked their boats, and marched towards the fires, they left only a small force behind to guard the city walls and their ships. The Telmadan reached the feint force and slaughtered all of them, sword to bone and flesh was put and fathers, sons and brothers died.

4:5
Benitus' real force doled out equal slaughter and stole the ships and captured as many women and children as they could. They boarded the ships and sailed, waiting to meet land again. The people of Benitus, for the most part, were merry with excitement from their victory. They marveled at Benitus, for what a ruse he had perpetrated. But some did not celebrate, some mourned the sacrificial lams that Benitus left behind.

4:6
Benitus overlooked his people on the lead ship, and he noted the faces which showed disdain and he counted. He counted 100 boys, who in a year or two would be men, and would be seeking revenge. There were an additional 200 mothers and daughters who shared the look.

4:7
The ships met land, the sons of the dead fathers did not. Benitus stepped on to the beaches and he immediately separated his people into three groups. One group was the wives and daughters of the sacrifices, the other was the captured women and children, and the final group was the rest.
The rest walked the path towards their new home, the others were scattered at the coast lines, Benitus never saw any of them again

--more to come--

14.07.2018 18:35
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: