Group: Basic
Experience: 192
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

RE: The economical crisis.

Kristi Gusho Wrote:
What will happen after the crisis?

Reconstruction.

"Man sollte einen Menschen nicht nach seinen Tugenden beurteilen, sondern nach seinen Lastern. Tugenden können vorgetäuscht sein, Laster sind echt." (K.Kinski)

"Niemand ist hoffnungsloser versklavt als der, der fälschlich glaubt frei zu sein." (J.W. von Goethe)
24.01.2009 13:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Titian
Unregistered

And change

24.01.2009 13:50
Quote this message in a reply
morjarias

Words count: 917
Experience: 6

unfortunately, the underlying cycle of greed and fear will not change...

All this money and liquidity pumped into the economy is bound to show up somewhere, whether it is asset bubbles in Dubai, over speculation in commodity, excessive buying of any one country's debt, huge volatility in stock market and even the currency market ... I suspect, we might even see double digit inflation in many of our goods & services.. only time will tell who will actually benefit!!

27.01.2009 00:32
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

If the world won't let the monetary financial system dead in it's tracks, and move toward a credit system for the reconstruction of the entire world, we'll be of to the "New dark ages", and this period happened in history, and it had the same reasons, banker policies.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 11.04.2009 07:33 by Helsworth.

10.04.2009 09:24
Bellsarius

Words count: 253
Experience: 7

With any luck, the world will pick itself back up again and begin to repair the damage caused by the irresponsibility of the Private Sector. Top results should see the global economy equal or close to the economy before the crash within a decade after the crisis has abated. That's the most optimistic view.

10.04.2009 13:48
Marzullo
libertarian

Words count: 559
Experience: 2

Kristi Gusho Wrote:
What will happen after the crisis?

Governments will use it as an excuse to grab more control. Welcome to 1984

America needs fewer laws, not more prisons. – James Bovard
17.05.2009 20:15
fliboflasm
Unregistered

I believe that the exit to the crisis is yet unseen and will lie in green technology and creating a low carbon economy. Let me provide one example for historical comparison:
The 1990-1992 recession included a double-dip and although growth resumed in late 92 the job market continued with heavy layoffs well into 1993. A primary driver of jobs in the 90s was the rise of the internet and computers.
I believe that essentially we are in a similar stage to the end of 92 in which the economy resumed growth without jobs. I believe that the primary industries that will lead us to new levels will be green technology, nanotechnology, stem cells and possibly one or two more that nobody has foreseen yet. Those could allow for a reindustrialization in which we export solar cells and windmills to the rest of the world. We could come up with radical new health care techniques which could possibly lower the long term costs of health care. We can come up with radical new composite materials which could revolutionize computers, create nanomanufacturing, nanosurgical robots, self healing buildings and provide a whole host of industries and benefits which people have yet to foresee.
In real life I was a lifelong Reagan/Mccain Republican who now has registered as a Green. My reasoning is that the pace of change is rising. It took us millions of years to get out of the caves and now we can do more in one year than even our grandparents could do in decades. In the 80s and 90s it was best to maximize free trade and sacrifice doomed old school jobs and industries and maximize the benefits to new school and higher tech jobs. Most of those old low tech/ low skilled/ high labor jobs were tired, old and inefficient and it was hopeless to try to compete with 3rld world labor on such low skilled jobs and it was time to move on to the next level of technology and industries.
My issue with the current state of the Republican party is that they loved it when old school jobs -such as the auto maker's and textile unions( largely Democratic constituencies)- were getting hammered they cannot now go into global warming denial now that the dying old school jobs are centered in the high carbon economy and clustered in the fossil fuel economy( primarily a Republican constituency).
I will argue that going into global warming denial requires adopting an 1800s mentality in which we only need to cut down more trees, dig up more coal and pump more pollution into the atmosphere since it always can handle more and all we need is to get the government out of our way to do so.
I would argue that inventions such as coal and the internal combustion engine were WONDERFUL inventions
for the 1800s!
Just like when the lightbulb was invented it would have been a bad day to be a candlemaker or when the automobile was invented it would have spoiled the party for the horse and buggy industry those industries in the 1800s were the types of innovations that enabled us to reach untold levels of prosperity that nobody could have foreseen in the 1800s. Had the Republican party in it's current configuration been around in the 1800s and had taken large contributions from the candle or buggywhip industries they would have gone into denial of the ability of the lightbulb or the auto to work and tried to prop up the failing, ineficient old school industries. Imo this is not the party of Ronald Reagan. Imo RR would have sided with the new school jobs and industries- regardless of the costs to the old industries.
The risk that we run in fighting cap and trade would be twofold. One would be risk of climate change but also the risk that other nations would surpass us in green industries and then the jobs in the new school industries would shift to nations such as China and we run the risk of having to import our solar cells, windmills... instead of creating and capturing entire new markets, industries and employment. For this reason I would fully support a painful carbon tax and generous incentives for going green. I believe that we should take 1800s technology such as coal and oil and make them go the way of the dinosaurs, make them go extinct and put them back into the ground and embrace an entirely new generation of high tech, high skilled jobs and industries.
My reason for switching parties is that the current configuration of "conservatism" is largely based on hatred and denial of facts. I believe that the current generation of conservative screamers are so intent on hating the liberals that they will bend and twist any facts to maintain their ideology and to insist that liberals are the source of all evil in the world even if it means abandoning the principles of Reaganism. I believe that RR would be turning over in his grave if he saw the state of the Republican party.

08.01.2010 22:15
Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

You can't sustain the globe's current pop of 6.7 bil with green policies. Carbon taxes and emissions caps decrease production and in some cases even halts it. Wind mills aren't efficient, they take up too much land and run on subsidies. Geothermal energy is the best green policy that works, unfortunately you have do dig only in some places, and thus it makes for an uncertain investment. Solar energy is the lowest form of aquiring energy, because they also rely on the weather and can't work 24h/7d, also they rely on expensive materials to be made out of and of course they run on subsidies too, and the energy flux density of solar energy is very very weak, if you want solar energy give it to grass and trees. Thermonuclear energy provides for the highest energy flux densities man knows, and only with nuclear energy will every country manage to juice up high speed rail and maglev trains, manufacturing industries, desalinisation projects and also give the pop energy without them having to pay it, thus the living cost is lowered, and nuclear energy does not run on subsidies.
I find global warming to be a pseudo scientifc swindle in order to enslave nations to pay taxes and accept imposed regulations by some international agencies formed out of unelected bureaucrats, that are backed by pseudo scientifc arguments and that have pure malthusian reasons of depopulation (genocide).
We've only been engaged in heavy industry for about 150 years, so how can we compare today's earth temperature to the so few years we have. The statement "the earth is getting hotter" is bogus, hotter than what? And if you want more shit coming from this man made global warming crap theory, 90% of the experts that say global warming is true, were in favor 20 years ago for global cooling. So 20 years ago these scientific malthusian fascists said that the world is cooling (some people will just have to die), and now they're telling us, that the earth is getting hotter (some people will just have to die). And how the hell does a tax on carbon fix things? They say that even if all the cars on the planet would cease to function, we would'n be able to avert global warming. So why halt the production of physical wealth and keep Africa and South America in sqaller, so white first world people can make the world safer for their volvos, their own little place to live. "i want my son to see a polar bear", "well I would like my son to see a dinosaur, but nature didn't want that did it?". Way over 90% of the species that have ever lived on this planet are gone, we didn't kill them all, they just disapeared, thats what nature does. So instead of taxing countries on carbon, make them engage in reforestation projects, that's a sound investment for any future. Jaja

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 09.01.2010 12:07 by Helsworth.

09.01.2010 09:53
Usu
usurpator of usury

Words count: 104,850
Experience: 192

Helsworth Wrote:
You can't sustain the globe's current pop of 6.7 bil with green policies. Carbon taxes and emissions caps decrease production and in some cases even halts it. Wind mills aren't efficient, they take up too much land and run on subsidies. Geothermal energy is the best green policy that works, unfortunately you have do dig only in some places, and thus it makes for an uncertain investment. Solar energy is the lowest form of aquiring energy, because they also rely on the weather and can't work 24h/7d, also they rely on expensive materials to be made out of and of course they run on subsidies too, and the energy flux density of solar energy is very very weak, if you want solar energy give it to grass and trees. Thermonuclear energy provides for the highest energy flux densities man knows, and only with nuclear energy will every country manage to juice up high speed rail and maglev trains, manufacturing industries, desalinisation projects and also give the pop energy without them having to pay it, thus the living cost is lowered, and nuclear energy does not run on subsidies.
I find global warming to be a pseudo scientifc swindle in order to enslave nations to pay taxes and accept imposed regulations by some international agencies formed out of unelected bureaucrats, that are backed by pseudo scientifc arguments and that have pure malthusian reasons of depopulation (genocide).
We've only been engaged in heavy industry for about 150 years, so how can we compare today's earth temperature to the so few years we have. The statement "the earth is getting hotter" is bogus, hotter than what? And if you want more shit coming from this man made global warming crap theory, 90% of the people that say global warming is true, were in favor 20 years ago for global cooling. So 20 years ago these scientific mathusian fascist sayed that the world is cooling (some people will just have to die), and now they're telling us, that the earth is getting hotter (some people will just have to die). And how the hell does a tax on carbon fix things? They say that even if all the cars on the planet would cease to function, we would'n be able to avert global warming. So why halt the production of physical wealth and keep Africa and South America in sqaller, so white first world people can make the world safer for their volvos, their own little place to live. "i want my son to see a polar bear", "well I would like my son to see a dinosaur, but nature didn't want that did it?". Way over 90% of the species that have ever lived on this planet are gone, we didn't kill them all, they just disapeared, thats what nature does. So instead of taxing countries on carbon, make them engage in reforestation projects, that's a sound investment for any future. Jaja

You forgot to add: "Devil may care." Wink

"Man sollte einen Menschen nicht nach seinen Tugenden beurteilen, sondern nach seinen Lastern. Tugenden können vorgetäuscht sein, Laster sind echt." (K.Kinski)

"Niemand ist hoffnungsloser versklavt als der, der fälschlich glaubt frei zu sein." (J.W. von Goethe)
09.01.2010 11:24
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [VisualPolitik] Why is there no crisis in Australia? Ajay Alcos 6 1,895 29.11.2017 05:40
Last Post: Ajay Alcos
  US economical statistics yangusbeef 13 2,897 10.01.2016 19:40
Last Post: Helsworth
  How to stop annual bank crisis dragonflare88 8 2,241 30.07.2015 18:23
Last Post: Richard Wilson
  Chinese buying on margin skyrockets, the Greek debt crisis and US earnings woes Helsworth 0 1,707 30.01.2015 16:20
  Prospects of the Global Crisis of Capitalism: Post Keynesianism vs. Marxism? Helsworth 4 1,758 27.06.2014 14:17
  CONFESSIONS OF AN ERRATIC MARXIST IN THE MIDST OF A REPUGNANT EUROPEAN CRISIS Helsworth 23 5,000 18.03.2014 09:33
  Yanis Varoufakis Town Hall Seattle - November 20, 2012 Savings Crisis, History Helsworth 0 1,633 26.12.2012 18:25
  Conclusion of the FCIC (Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission) Helsworth 6 2,238 29.03.2011 05:39
Last Post: Anthonie
Smile The greatest crisis in modern history Webcast! Helsworth 0 1,382 10.05.2010 07:18
  The Global Financial Crisis Was Predicted Helsworth 9 2,694 19.05.2009 04:01
Last Post: monday

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites