Trade notation meaning

CommieScum

Words count: 12,806
Group: Basic
Experience: 25
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Trade notation meaning

Anyone know what the trade notation means? Is it my goods for his goods, or his goods for my goods? I assume the former, but some extra clarification (which this game lacks profusely) is always helpful.

22.01.2018 20:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blue Wizard
Istari

Words count: 123,323
Experience: 6274
Glory Points: 2810
Medals: 63

Great White North
Alaska
New Mexico
Nevada
RE: Trade notation meaning

Commie Scum:

The goods listed to the left of the two parallel lines are the goods that are produced by that nation. Any goods that are listed to the right of the two parallel lines are goods that a nation receives from trade.

Does that make sense?

-Jay

“Courage will now be your best defence against the storm that is at hand-—that and such hope as I bring.” Gandalf the Grey
22.01.2018 22:44
CommieScum

Words count: 12,806
Experience: 25
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Blue Wizard Wrote:
Commie Scum:

The goods listed to the left of the two parallel lines are the goods that are produced by that nation. Any goods that are listed to the right of the two parallel lines are goods that a nation receives from trade.

Does that make sense?

-Jay

yes

23.01.2018 16:55
hamma13

Words count: 20,978
Group: Premium
Experience: 1446
Glory Points: 20
Medals: 2

Blue Wizard Wrote:

You are right more or less but it is not easy to understand (at least it took me a while). And since the ars-regendi explanation

Behind the state names in the dropdown list at first the origin goods are itemized. Those are the only goods which can cover your own demands. Behind the delimiter the other trade goods are listed, so that you can see, which each land still needs

is a catastrophy, I want to try and clarify:

After the State name to the left of the delimiter (two parallel lines) are listed the export goods of that State. To the right of the delimiter are listed the goods that the State does not need anymore (either because it produces them or because it trades them; notice that the export goods are always also listed to the right of the delimiter). All the goods NOT listed (to the right of the delimiter) are the ones the State neither produces nor trades and thus still needs.

Example (State Mali in World Basel): Mali HW // FW HW

Mali can export HW (Halbware) and has FW (Fertigware) and HW. Thus Mali should look for trade partners who export IV (Investitionsgüter), DL (Dienstleistungen), LX (Luxusgüter), RS (Ressourcen) and still need (do not have yet) HW.

What a State exports/has/needs depends on its class (super power, industrial power, resource power, emerging nation, industrial country, post-communist, fundamentalist, developing country).

This post was last modified: 02.02.2018 16:54 by hamma13.

02.02.2018 16:12
MrProper
天皇

Words count: 405,306
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 184992
Glory Points: 3842
Medals: 103

Hammerfest
Ostarine
Suebia
Chicago

hamma13 Wrote:
And since the ars-regendi explanation [...] is a catastrophy.

In some areas, they are. In the near future, we will try to improve content and quality of english texts, wherever the need is obvious. However, help with respect to "seek and find" present issues is always welcome. Smile

冥王星違法です
02.02.2018 17:57
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: