Quote this message in a reply
debauchery

Words count: 21,901
Group: Basic
Experience: 0
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

RE: Trump publicly insults and threatens China's president

The only taking away American jobs is a veritable absence of administration to such a degree that many third world countries have more high-speed rail than the United States

25.08.2015 23:09
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

So much bullshit with the cheap Yuan vis-a-vis the Dollar that Trump tries to scapegoat bad macro & private debt deflation on it. Even if the PBOC would allow the Yuan to revalue, US business still wouldn't be able to compete with chinese manufacturers when it comes to costs. Under a free trade agreement, EU producers couldn't compete with the rest of the world - that's why the EU is so protectionistic when it comes to trade. And that sort of protectionism works to rig things up between the Big members & the Periphery. US doesn't need to start making tvs & tablets to compete with China & Japan & Korea for them high wages. At the same time, the US doesn't need any more fast food workers either, making crappy minimum wage. Stop jerking off with monetary policy, hoping the invisible hand will toss you off, and start replacing antiquated technology & infrastructure with new tech. Once again, investment is a function of sales, not rates. Sales is a function of spending, both private and public spending. If I'm seeing sales go up, I'm going to investment in my business - regardless if the cost of my loan is 8%, 12%, or 15%. If I'm not seeing sales, then I won't invest, no matter how attractive the cost of a loan is.
When nongovernment sector spending is too depressed, the only way to revive is for government sector spending to cover that shortfall. If government fails to do that, the result is ALWAYS permanent & involuntary unemployment - which of course leads to poverty and other social and psychological ills.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
25.08.2015 23:18
debauchery

Words count: 21,901
Experience: 0

In all likelyhood televisions can be produced with 3d printers

25.08.2015 23:24
dragonflare88
Unregistered

Helsworth Wrote:
So much bullshit with the cheap Yuan vis-a-vis the Dollar that Trump tries to scapegoat bad macro & private debt deflation on it. Even if the PBOC would allow the Yuan to revalue, US business still wouldn't be able to compete with chinese manufacturers when it comes to costs. Under a free trade agreement, EU producers couldn't compete with the rest of the world - that's why the EU is so protectionistic when it comes to trade. And that sort of protectionism works to rig things up between the Big members & the Periphery. US doesn't need to start making tvs & tablets to compete with China & Japan & Korea for them high wages. At the same time, the US doesn't need any more fast food workers either, making crappy minimum wage. Stop jerking off with monetary policy, hoping the invisible hand will toss you off, and start replacing antiquated technology & infrastructure with new tech. Once again, investment is a function of sales, not rates. Sales is a function of spending, both private and public spending. If I'm seeing sales go up, I'm going to investment in my business - regardless if the cost of my loan is 8%, 12%, or 15%. If I'm not seeing sales, then I won't invest, no matter how attractive the cost of a loan is.
When nongovernment sector spending is too depressed, the only way to revive is for government sector spending to cover that shortfall. If government fails to do that, the result is ALWAYS permanent & involuntary unemployment - which of course leads to poverty and other social and psychological ills.

Why can't the government create a surplus of jobs as a safety net?

26.08.2015 02:57
Quote this message in a reply
Edvard Kardelj
General Secretary

Words count: 44,838
Experience: 61

Trump's goal is not, nor has ever been, the Presidency.

Donald Trump is Zaphod Beeblebrox. He genuinely doesn't give one fuck about anything other than having a good time. The appeals to people who wish they could get away with the kinds of things Trump gets away with. Who doesn't want to bare his ass at the media and tell Fox News reporters to suck the shit out of your crack? Has anyone here never dreamt of getting in front of a camera, being asked by some self-appointed expert something about how to solve the world's problems, only to let off a loud belch directly into the microphone ?

If Trump does win, no one will be more shocked than Trump himself. He will then become the rock star President so many idiots desire. This of course entails the sort of thing rock stars are known for- like fucking a hooker on stage while snorting a line of coke with a rolled up copy of the Constitution.

And you know, it'd serve us right for thinking one man could solve anything, anyway. Why do we imbue so much responsibility and give so much credit to the Presidency? We could just solve our own problems by finding ways to work together, rather than hero worshipping everyone who wins a stupid election.

This post was last modified: 26.08.2015 03:23 by Edvard Kardelj.

26.08.2015 03:13
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

dragonflare88 Wrote:

Helsworth Wrote:

Why can't the government create a surplus of jobs as a safety net?

Of course it can, through a voluntary Job Guarantee.
Simulating the Logic, Effects, and Costs of the Job Guarantee
(Take your time and study every slide ^_~)
https://prezi.com/gpdff4g-kuqz/simulatin...ntee-2015/

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
26.08.2015 07:21
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Woman refuses to sit beside a Trump-supporter Malone 0 1,020 27.03.2019 17:35
Last Post: Malone
  God Emperor Trump Attempts to bring peace and amicability to the world CommieScum 3 1,785 23.05.2018 01:38
Last Post: Caesar Anubis
  James Comey, FBI director, is fired by Trump CommieScum 1 1,629 10.06.2017 21:44
Last Post: jacoble
  Once proud Donald Trump, bowing like a well trained monkey before his Master Helsworth 14 3,386 05.06.2017 04:50
Last Post: adder
  Trump commits an act of war against Syria Helsworth 9 2,304 13.04.2017 17:50
Last Post: yangusbeef
  Trump Muslim Ban Made Possible By Obama Admin & Media Won't Tell You Helsworth 10 2,466 31.01.2017 16:17
Last Post: Nietzsche
  Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave & Unions are gushing over Trump Helsworth 0 1,346 24.01.2017 17:36
Last Post: Helsworth
  Little hope for Snowden pardon: Trump CIA pick wants "death penalty" Helsworth 0 1,242 05.12.2016 20:48
Last Post: Helsworth
  Elevating Trump, the DNC's strategy all along Helsworth 2 1,745 11.11.2016 05:01
Last Post: adder
  Clinton vs. Trump - the TV duels (with links) teffy 15 3,175 09.11.2016 16:08
Last Post: yangusbeef

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites