OVERSIER
Emperor

Words count: 35,739
Group: Basic
Experience: 146
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Unemployment help wanted !!!

Hello I have an Indian template in the world Munich and am having trouble with unemployment . As you can see my economy is doing quait well but my consern is that my unemployment is rising . As many of you know India starts with around 22 % unemployment but my is at 24% and that worries me a bit . Most of the choices I made were humanist and helped the countries workers,infrostructure and human rights , also corruption . I am well on my way to repaying my debth (+12 billion per YEAR) .

Pleas can you advise me on what to do to improve the situation (P.S. not reforms that is the obvious one and I dont wnat to make my economy rely on subsidies too much ! ).

Came , saw , conquered .
Julius Caesar
05.02.2011 20:32
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Horst Heesofer
Posting Freak

Words count: 294,920
Group: VIP
Experience: 5609
Glory Points: 40
Medals: 3

RE: Unemployment help wanted !!!

Quote:
Most of the choices I made were humanist and helped the countries workers,infrostructure and human rights , also corruption .

That's the problem Wink

Try to be a little bit friendlier to your business-partners, if you want them to invest in your country Smile

05.02.2011 20:41
OVERSIER
Emperor

Horst Heesofer Wrote:
That's the problem Wink

Try to be a little bit friendlier to your business-partners, if you want them to invest in your country Smile

Actually the investments have nearly doubled so i think this is not the problem .

Came , saw , conquered .
Julius Caesar

This post was last modified: 05.02.2011 20:55 by OVERSIER.

05.02.2011 20:51
Hadrian Del'Mar
Sociologo Furioso

Words count: 37,742
Experience: 218
Glory Points: 115
Medals: 3

You see, in the Indian State Template, a high unemployment will be normal for a long time.
But you're on the right way: Your economy grows, and you've got a budget surplus.
Try to use this surplus for investment in PE areas which will support the economic growth (subsidies, education, administration and "PE: others") and keep your budget saldo by approximately +/- 0.

Oh, and try to prevent task decisions which could overstrain your economy at this time. Spare Tasks for the area "economy" for quarters when you are able to solve more than one task, and if a decision seems to business-hostile, sit it out and solve another.

For a developing economy, decisions which sound opportune for modern industrialized countries could be poison for this respective nation.
In my former nation, Beltaire, I stalled the Take-Off-period of my economy with too social decisions. Rolleyes Try to avoid such a thing.

Ich kann keine Zeitung zur Hand nehmen,
ohne irgendeine armselige Regierung darin zu finden, die, in großer Not,
mich anruft, für sie einzutreten!

This post was last modified: 05.02.2011 21:07 by Hadrian Del'Mar.

05.02.2011 21:06
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Frankly the budget influence power over an economy is much over rated, especially if the changes aren't substantial and correlated with the relevant task options.
Doing laicism also decreases your corruption index.
You've got less people starving than the average state that's good. An other is your negative trade balance. There are several things you can do, but they all imply bad consequences for your citizens.
First increase the money supply---inflation of living cost---via currency depreciation---it affects your citizen's purchasing power and makes your exports a little more competitive.
Second increase excise tax, that discourages consumption, in turn translating into lower imports and possibly higher exports... we can't really be sure of anything.
Third continue to lower your nominal interest rate to counter balance the loss of purchasing power for consumers and also stimulates investments. But once again correlated with the above, this means great fuel for inflation.
My advice, wait for it. Take your time, no sudden changes, wait for tasks like 'government wage suport', 'corruption abroad', 'product liability', 'dam', robotization', 'crop energy', 'business subsidies' and others to appear.
PS: Negative income tax or flat income tax ASAP to bring more revenues and stimulate the economy

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 05.02.2011 21:09 by Helsworth.

05.02.2011 21:06
OVERSIER
Emperor

Helsworth have you got any advise on what I should invest my surplus money in ?

Came , saw , conquered .
Julius Caesar
05.02.2011 21:38
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Use it to payoff the debt. Then you can put it into administration. I know most of the devs say that PE others means roads and bridges, but the fact is that every time you increase just PE others the infrastructure index remains the same. When you increase PE administration the infrastructure index goes up. So put the surplus into administration, that will mean more free time for your citizens, a lesser mortality rate... Once you reach 100% infr, there's really no gain to go above it. Instead focus on education. The smarter and skilled your people are, the more they will be able to do.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
05.02.2011 21:41
JosephLJ

Words count: 49,501
Experience: 3250
Glory Points: 375
Medals: 16

You should keep your surplus and try to invest it anywhere even after your done paying off your debt, build a large reserve for those just in case moments like if you go to war or if you want to decrease taxes and you will go into a deficit. Then when its large enough you will be able to go in and out of deficits because you will have a reserve to back you up in emergencies. BUT if you really want to invest in something you should put it towards Defense because you are in a world where military size matters and not classic where it doesnt, so I think you make a majority of your investments in Defense with minor investments in Administration and Education. Because those wont matter if you loose your state to an agressor.

05.02.2011 23:56
Kickass Q.
Supreme Commander of Badassitude

Words count: 29,471
Experience: 1036
Glory Points: 1470
Medals: 12

Ya Helsworth's advice there is pretty much exactly what I was thinking as well. Slowly increase consumption taxes while your maintaining economic growth, and for sure implement a tax reform. I would say for sure to invest a portion of the surplus into education and administration. Administration in particular as budget changes to it have a huge effect on your infrastructure index, whereas education is more cost-effectively boosted with a strong emphasis on task choices and not just raw budgetary allocation. Both create jobs in themselves, and more importantly are critical to the long-term health and growth of your economy, while also improving the health and welfare of your people in a very sustainable fashion.

06.02.2011 03:48
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unemployment in the US is higher Helsworth 0 1,165 22.01.2017 19:32
Last Post: Helsworth
  Government spending = unemployment yangusbeef 65 14,111 02.12.2015 10:56
  Unemployment causes 45,000 suicides a year worldwide, finds study Helsworth 0 1,538 11.02.2015 17:34
  Long-Term Unemployment High, Regardless of Education Helsworth 0 1,271 09.04.2014 19:59
  Increased Unemployment Benefits Can Be a Win Win Helsworth 0 1,353 03.04.2014 21:58
  Productivity, unemployment and the Rule of Eight, Alan Taylor Harvey Helsworth 0 1,611 25.03.2013 17:24
  Russian Unemployment beste 2 1,522 06.09.2011 05:49
Last Post: Alexei B.Miller
  German unemployment Max2012 5 1,781 20.07.2011 01:20
Last Post: Triniteras
  Unemployment joesta 1 1,461 14.05.2010 15:29

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites