BaktoMakhno
Looter

Words count: 245,068
Group: Basic
Experience: 496
Glory Points: 10
Medals: 1

RE: The West has Installed a Neo-Nazi Government in Ukraine

Ok Hels, but how exactly are western governments responsible for those things? Nietzsche was referring to western government actions.

"The beauty of free trade is that 1 and 1 can be 3" - Titian

"There is no conversation more boring than one where Globaltom speaks" - Triniterias

This post was last modified: 25.03.2014 21:03 by BaktoMakhno.

25.03.2014 21:00
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

BaktoMakhno Wrote:
Ok Hels, but how exactly are western governments responsible for those things? Nietzsche was referring to western government actions.

Ignore me, bro. My previous post was intended as sarcasm. Grant me that much at least, it's my birthday Wink

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
25.03.2014 21:15
BaktoMakhno
Looter

Words count: 245,068
Group: Basic
Experience: 496
Glory Points: 10
Medals: 1

Birth28x23

"The beauty of free trade is that 1 and 1 can be 3" - Titian

"There is no conversation more boring than one where Globaltom speaks" - Triniterias
25.03.2014 22:07
Rising Phoenix
Unregistered

Helsworth Wrote:
Internet and aired entertainment of all sorts.

And cheap market junk. Do not forget the cheap market junk.

26.03.2014 04:53
Quote this message in a reply
Nietzsche
Unregistered

I mainly put that phrase in to not rule out any possibilities. It is always easy to say all was bad or everything was good looking at something from some distance, and I do not like these terms nor do I generally engage in discussions containing them. I do however also not believe that anything in politics is done for benevolence, thus looking for who was the nicest party in any conflict is nothing but a bother.

I like the general idea of the EU. And the general idea of it, and all that came before, was an economical union. In terms of internal market, there was a gain for countries. NATO and the EU will also protect the sovereignty of member nations. Cynicism aside, I'd say Internet is a nice thing too, seeing that even NATO members can restrict it now without great protest, which is ironic again.
And of course all this was also a tool to gain more control over Eastern Europe than Russia. And since the core should have been an economical union, it is fair to question whether the rapid eastern expansion was a good thing for the EU, and fair to other countries concerned. In any case though, I'm living in a country which had to be reunited and the eastern part got 4.500 billion € so far and still hasn't caught up - so much for who had the better plan.

I don't know about any internal policies of the US, however, but I can imagine they have existed since it makes sense. Europa has a lot of growing up to do yet, always had, and one of those steps will be becoming more independent of the US as well, which has, on some fronts, been way less comforting and friendly than Russia has been. And Russia is at least transporting over Gas. ^^ But that's another topic.

28.03.2014 12:44
Helsworth
Heathen

Nietzsche Wrote:
In any case though, I'm living in a country which had to be reunited and the eastern part got 4.500 billion € so far and still hasn't caught up - so much for who had the better plan.

I remember Thatcher's expressed grief over german reunification. umpf
4,5 billion euros? Well, what exactly was done with that sum? Physically speaking in terms of infrastructure, manufacturing, and social services?
I so hate the euro-zone construct, because it's based on dogmatic/arbitrary economic and financial provisions (neoliberal principles) - which basically makes all the EZ member states operate with all the restrictions of a foreign currency. And the financial geometry varies because there is NO banking union with a common currency union. A euro in a greek bank is worth less than a euro in an itallian bank, which is worth less than an euro in a french bank, which is worth less than a euro in a german bank.
That's not the case in the UK or the USA. That's why you don't see the US and UK governments talking about kicking out states like Whales and Nevada from the kingdom/union.

28.03.2014 13:14
Nietzsche
Unregistered

The biggest part were social welfare benefits, and about 1/3 was invested into infrastructure etc.

We have to get the numbers streight here though. It is difficult to say exactly, because nobody counted. I have to correct myself here to begin with, I was referring to D-Mark. Anyways, in 2009, most calculations came down to 1.6 trillion (1.600 billion) €. [D-Mark to € was around 2/1, hence my mistake for some reason]
The economy of the GDR was a wasteland, and the effects are still felt today.

28.03.2014 13:59
Helsworth
Heathen

I thought that figure was strange Wink
So the majority of those funds were spent on welfare. Germany can be partitioned accordingly in 2 sides; the western part with a surplus always against the eastern part and vice-versa.
http://varoufakis.files.wordpress.com/20...l-plan.pdf

28.03.2014 15:13
Nietzsche
Unregistered

Exactly. But the countries with surplus become rare. Now it is mainly the south paying for everyone else. I think we're going off topic here though.

28.03.2014 17:42
Helsworth
Heathen

Nietzsche Wrote:
Exactly. But the countries with surplus become rare. Now it is mainly the south paying for everyone else. I think we're going off topic here though.

Is southern Germany the large surplus region within the country?
Yes, we are going off-topic, but at least it's with a worthwhile subject. Happy

28.03.2014 18:17
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The West is falling for another N. Korea Terrorism CommieScum 0 1,339 01.05.2017 17:40
Last Post: CommieScum
  Elites vs. Too Much Democracy: Andrew Sullivan's Afraid of Popular Self-Government Helsworth 0 1,262 27.05.2016 10:23
Last Post: Helsworth
  Newly-Declassified U.S. Government Documents: The West Supported the Creation of ISIS Helsworth 4 2,387 16.09.2015 18:29
Last Post: yangusbeef
  Cornel West on Bernie Sanders, Michael Eric Dyson, Trans Rights, and B.B. King Helsworth 0 1,743 05.08.2015 12:25
  Israeli Government Spokesman Mark Regev speaks to Emily Maitlis Helsworth 0 1,431 25.07.2014 10:08
Shy Monsanto and the US Government... Malone 2 1,261 30.04.2014 23:48
Last Post: Sato
  West refuses to accept realities of Iran's nuclear energy program: Envoy Helsworth 2 1,547 14.04.2013 22:18
  Anger with U.S. Government at 20-year High Commissar 30 7,086 06.04.2013 01:07
Last Post: Burz
  This is what za People should demand from their government Helsworth 1 1,344 02.04.2013 03:35
  U.S. government trying to kill gays Burz 4 1,454 15.03.2013 22:42

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites