VineFynn
Lord Protector

Words count: 14,196
Group: Basic
Experience: 132
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

What does infrastructure do?

So, do the indexes actually have any economic implications? Does health impact productivity? Standard of knowledge? Equality of opportunity? Infrastructure?

I assume there are diminishing returns involved, but are there GDP gains to be made in spending on these things anyway? Beyond contributions through "government purchases"?

I'm leaving and probably never coming back, so thanks for the interesting discussions I guess, dunno why im writing this nobody even irl gives a toss about me anyway
30.11.2016 03:23
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexei B.Miller
Co President of the Ros'Gaz Union State

Words count: 393,750
Experience: 5730
Glory Points: 525
Medals: 23

Qazaqstan
RE: What does infrastructure do?

VineFynn Wrote:
So, do the indexes actually have any economic implications? Does health impact productivity? Standard of knowledge? Equality of opportunity? Infrastructure?

I assume there are diminishing returns involved, but are there GDP gains to be made in spending on these things anyway? Beyond contributions through "government purchases"?

Good question, let's see who answers.

"Hitler wanted to destroy Russia, everyone needs to remember how that ended"

Vladimir Putin

13.12.2016 04:44
Predicist
Developer

Words count: 12,539
Experience: 123
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

RE: What does infrastructure do?

VineFynn Wrote:

I couldn't say for definite but I'm going along the assumption that many of the simulations here are logical and go along how these effects would be seen to some extent in real states (I've been told before that while Regendi is illogical in some aspects there is definitely real world comparisons).

You could assume for the health impact it would maybe go something along the lines of that a healthy population is more productive and this would have a positive impact on the economy because people wouldn't be taking as many sick days to name one effect.

Standard of knowledge I'm not so sure of but it makes sense that having an educated population is attractive to corporations and employers that are looking for skilled labour. Companies are hardly gonna come and want to employ people from a population that's mostly illiterate or if you're most public employment then you need educated workers to make your institutions, well work.

Equality of opportunity I can't really think of any such implications (I'm sure there's others) besides general happiness of the population and perhaps on GINI coefficient. If you have a situation where certain citizens are going to do worse by default then that's going to demotivate them and stir discontent and will probably create kind of a glass ceiling effect in terms of professional employment.

And infrastructure well if you imagine it as the general 'built-up ness' of your country for lack of a better term so that's roads to name a very obvious example that would stimulate economic growth in several ways and I guess just having built up urban areas is just generally good for a country.

Maybe someone more experienced or admin can confirm any of this? It's hard to know for sure unless you observe and kind of trial and error yourself cause the creator doesn't disclose the actual workings of this simulation because of something along the lines of it would be open to too much interpretation.

04.03.2017 02:40
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How do I build up my infrastructure? Vicente Bueno 1 904 25.05.2014 17:35
Last Post: Helsworth
  INFRASTRUCTURE AND "OTHER" SPENDING Damon_Coburn 2 959 26.08.2013 18:33
Last Post: Globaltom

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites